Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that enhances a patient’s breasts to achieve a stunning appearance based on the patient’s desired outcome. Breast augmentations transform a patient’s silhouette and can result in a boost in self-confidence.
- 1 Look Stunning and Feel Your Best
- 2 About Breast Augmentation in Austin, Texas
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Booth
- 6 Smart Preparation
- 7 Things to Do Before Breast Augmentation
- 8 Things to Avoid Before Breast Augmentation
- 9 Types of Implants
- 10 During the Procedure
- 11 Healthy Recovery
- 12 Results
- 13 Combine Breast Augmentation with Other Procedures?
- 14 How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Austin?
- 15 FAQ
- 16 References
Look Stunning and Feel Your Best
It can be difficult when your appearance doesn’t reflect the inner beauty you feel. Whether it’s due to aging, pregnancy, or genetics, when your breasts don’t look how you want, it can negatively affect your self-image. Breast augmentations empower you to feel your best by providing you with a versatile solution.
With present-day augmentations, you can customize the size and shape of breasts to match your ideal aesthetic.
Breast augmentation remains the most popular aesthetic surgical procedure in the U.S. More of Dr. Booth’s patients request breast augmentations than any other procedure. Dr. Booth specializes in performing personalized breast augmentations custom-tailored to each patient’s body frame, proportion, and aesthetic goals. If you want to learn more about the options available for your augmentation, schedule a consultation online or call our Austin office at 512-755-8478.
About Breast Augmentation in Austin, Texas
Breast augmentations enlarge breasts that are naturally small, as well as restore breast size and shape after pregnancy, weight loss, or breastfeeding.
How Do I Choose My Implants?
The best way to select the right breast implants to transform your bust is a thorough discussion with your surgeon. You’ll need to consider your body type, goals, and concerns to determine which implant size, fill (saline or silicone), shell (smooth or textured), and shape (round or anatomical) will best meet your needs. Dr. Booth will make recommendations based on his years of experience and review those options with you so you can select which you prefer.
- Obtain breasts that reflect your desired appearance
- Correct asymmetries
- Restore breast size and shape after pregnancy or aging
- Remove feelings of self-consciousness about your breasts
- Boost your self-esteem
Many women want to increase the size, shape, or volume of their breasts. If you’re one of these women, and you’re also over 18, in good health, emotionally stable, and have realistic expectations, you may be a candidate for breast augmentation.
Your Personal Consultation with Dr. Booth
The foundation of every successful procedure is the initial consultation. The best outcomes begin with an open and transparent discussion of a patient’s goals, expectations, and concerns. Dr. Booth will listen, review your medical history, and discuss all your options with you so you can make the most informed decision. Dr. Booth makes sure he understands your desired outcome and expectations for the procedure and will inform you if breast augmentation can achieve your goals. If not, he will make alternative recommendations to match your aspirations. For instance, if you want perkier breasts, breast augmentation can’t achieve that. In that case, Dr. Booth might recommend a breast lift to better meet your needs.
Dr. Booth trained extensively in plastic and reconstructive surgery. After medical school and his general residency, he trained under a research fellowship at MD Anderson Cancer Center then under a plastic and reconstructive fellowship at the Texas Medical Center. The Texas Medical Center is the largest medical center in the world, and one of the crown jewels of advanced medical care. With training from world-renowned experts in plastic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Booth provides a patient-centered approach held to the highest medical standards.
If you seek breast augmentation, contact Dr. Booth to learn more about the options that can meet your needs.
Schedule a consultation online or call our Austin office at 512-755-8478.
It’s important to adequately prepare for any surgical procedure, and breast augmentation is no exception. Smart preparation is like giving yourself a gift before you know you’ll need it. You want your recovery to be as easy as possible.
Things to Do Before Breast Augmentation
- Arrange for a caregiver to drive you to and from your surgery and spend the first night of recovery with you
- Arrange childcare and pet care for the duration of your recovery
- Stock up on your essential food and household items
- Prepare your recovery space to be comfortable, with easily accessible items you’ll need
- Prepare a comfortable wardrobe for your recovery; you don’t want to strain herself hunting for appropriate clothes after surgery
- Purchase items that might aid you such as a tool to pick up items from the ground, cleaning wipes, drinking straws, a digital thermometer to monitor yourself, and plenty of entertainment options (purchase any books or audiobooks you might want and make sure you paid the subscription for your streaming services)
Things to Avoid Before Breast Augmentation
- Smoking – Smoking should be avoided completely as it increases the risk of complications
- Alcohol – Alcohol can thin your blood and slow your rate of healing
- Blood-thinning medication – This includes ibuprofen, aspirin, and brand name products like Aleve
- Certain supplements – You’ll be provided with a complete list but in general, avoid supplements that thin the blood such as ginseng, ginkgo biloba, and garlic
Types of Implants
Saline-filled breast implants use a silicone outer shell that gets filled with a sterile saltwater (saline) solution. Some implants are pre-filled, but others are empty shells. These shells are implanted and then filled once properly placed within the breast pocket. Patients can select different sizes for saline-filled implants.
Silicone-filled breast implants use a silicone gel filling. They are the most popular implant choice for our patients because they offer the most natural-looking implant.
Gummy Bear/ Teardrop Gel Implants
Gummy bear breast implants are a nickname for a specific type of silicone implant. The benefit of a gummy bear implant is the anatomical tear-dropped shape which visually produces a very natural appearance.
During the Procedure
During a breast augmentation, Dr. Justin Booth begins by concealing his small incision along the breast fold or armpit as discussed during your consultation. He will then insert the saline, silicone, or gel breast implant based on your personal preference for breast size and look. After safely placing the implant, he will suture the incisions closed and transition you to a recovery room.
Recovery is different for everyone. In general, most women are up and around the day after surgery, but will need to avoid most of their usual activities for 5 to 7 days. You will probably be advised to wait several weeks before resuming strenuous exercise.
Breast augmentation is extremely rewarding because the visual transformation is noticeable immediately after surgery. Breast augmentation provides established results that have been extensively studied. One study found that over 90% of patients experienced a notable increase in self-esteem while 60% felt a significant improvement in overall quality of life. Patients experienced a low rate of any complications coupled with consistently high rates of patient satisfaction. While studies provide great general information, Dr. Booth can also put you in touch with previous patients who can testify to their experience with Dr. Booth. Patient referrals are a consistent source of Dr. Booth’s new patients because of the outstanding care he provides.
“I came to Dr. Booth for a breast augmentation and absolutely LOVE my results! I consulted with many other Doctors before him and he has by far been the most informative and professional Doctor I’ve come across. I showed him what my goal was and he was ON POINT with the results. I definitely recommend anyone to go see him.” – Esther
Combine Breast Augmentation with Other Procedures?
Many women choose to combine their breast augmentation with other procedures such as tummy tuck, liposuction, or a facelift. Dr. Booth has conducted extensive research into the safety of combined procedures. He found that it is a great option for most women who want more extensive improvement in their body contours.
Breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, and tummy tuck are often combined as part of a “Mommy Makeover.” These combined procedures help mothers restore the look they had before their children – or maybe even better.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost in Austin?
Breast augmentations are highly customizable. Thus, the prices vary from patient to patient based on the type of implant selected, incision selected, and circumstances surrounding the implant surgery. In general, breast augmentation prices begin at $4,900 and increase based on the aforementioned factors.
Yes. Most women can still breastfeed with implants. If this is a concern, ask about it during your consultation as occasionally individual circumstances might prevent breastfeeding.
No. However, it’s important to attend follow-up appointments at the 10-year mark to ensure everything is progressing as intended.
No. Implants only increase the size and volume of the breasts. For sagging skin, a breast lift is recommended.
No, breast implants are not like balloons and do not “pop”.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Plastic Surgery Statistics. (2020). Retrieved October 20, 2020, from https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/plastic-surgery-statistics
- Swanson, Eric M.D. (2013). Prospective Outcome Study of 225 Cases of Breast Augmentation, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: May 2013 – Volume 131 – Issue 5 – p 1158-1166 doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e318287a0e1
- Diaz J. F. (2017). Review of 494 Consecutive Breast Augmentation Patients: System to Improve Patient Outcomes and Satisfaction. Plastic and reconstructive surgery. Global open, 5(10), e1526. https://doi.org/10.1097/GOX.0000000000001526